June 5 – August 28, 2015
Join us for the 2nd Annual Cedar City Art Walk this summer!
The Art Walk is a collaboration between artists, businesses, and galleries in the community. Artwork will be on display throughout the summer months in participating local businesses/galleries during regular business hours.
June 26, July 31, August 28 from 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Final Fridays are gallery strolls that offer participants a chance to engage with local businesses and the work of talented visual artists from Utah. In addition to viewing the artwork, artists will be demonstrating their art form, and some locations will have musical performances and receptions.
These events are deliberately scheduled right before the Utah Shakespeare Festival performances, allowing patrons to engage in a diverse arts and culture experience.
This year’s Art Walk will be centralized into two areas: Southern Utah University and Downtown Cedar City. We encourage you to visit as many locations as possible during the Art Walk!
- Braithwaite Fine Arts Gallery – Southern Utah Art Invitational
- Hunter Conference Center – James Dalrymple, photography
- Garth & Jerri Frehner Museum of Natural History – Joey Favino & Larry Laskowski, paintings
- Randall L. Jones Theatre – The Adams Theatre 2015 Farewell Exhibit
- Stone Path Massage & Energy Center – Sierra Dickey, paintings
- Artisans Art Gallery – Local & Regional Artists
- The Pastry Pub – Colleen Stevens, illustration
- The Grind Coffeehouse – Staci Patlan (June), Melissa Allen (July), Timothy Johnson (August), paintings
- Main Street Books – Zak Mitchell, comic illustrations
- Poser’s Place – Jessica Gerlach, graphic design/printmaking
- El Rey Inn & Suites – Chip Wiggin, printmaking
- The Brick House Cafe – Ryan Larson, cyanotype photography
- Heritage Theatre/Festival Hall – Cedar City Art Collection
- Iron Gate Winery – Spike Ress & Local/Regional Artists
- galleryGALA – David Ence, Terrance Wright, Andy Marvick, abstract/nonrepresentational art & Jack Seibold, iron sculptures
Beverley Taylor Sorenson Center for the Arts Information Station
As a special treat this year, we will be having an information booth at the SUU Alumni House as a stopover between the SUU and downtown Art Walk locations. The booth will be up only during the Final Friday events. The Alumni House is located across from the construction site for the Beverley Taylor Sorenson Center for the Arts. Learn more about the center, the new theatres for the Utah Shakespeare Festival, the Southern Utah Museum of Art and more by visiting the Information Station for the latest updates.
2014 Cedar City Art Walk
The 2014 Cedar City Art Walk featured collaborations between local artists and local businesses and galleries. The exhibits were on display in or near the downtown area of Cedar City from June 2-August 31, 2014. An overview of the 2014 2014 Cedar City Art Walk Overview.